We don’t want to sound cheesy, but if you’re looking for a dinner that pairs well with wine, we have a munster of a menu for you. On National Cheese Lovers day, grab a seat at Cork Bar & Restaurant to enjoy fine dining right in Wilkes-Barre.
While you’re here, stop by our bar to enjoy cocktails and assorted wines!
Get ready to Wine and Dine.
What is cheese lovers day without dishes that feature cheese? At Cork, we have an extensive menu for all taste palettes. Here are some of our favorites:
- Shrimp Au Gratin Pan-roasted jumbo shrimp with garlic, white wine, cream, and Romano cheese
- Classic Bruschetta with vine-ripened diced tomatoes, black olives, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, balsamic vinaigrette, and parmesan cheese
- Lobster Spinach Artichoke Dip made with warm & creamy Pepper Jack cheese and roasted garlic
- Pastrami Flatbread Pastrami, Swiss cheese, Russian dressing, and caramelized onions topped with a dill pickle relish
- Bacon Wedge Grape Salad Romaine wedge with apple smoked bacon, white grapes, red onions, toasted pistachio, white balsamic reduction, and a blue cheese vinaigrette
- Seafood Gnocchi jumbo shrimp and diver scallops, pan-roasted with cherry tomatoes, asparagus, with diced fresh mozzarella in a pesto cream with Parmesan cheese and potato gnocchi
Is your mouth watering just thinking about that Instagram worthy cheese-pull? Ours, too! But so you know what would make this even better…
It’s briesy to be a cheese lover once you know these facts from Taste of Home.
- Cheese was created over 4,000 years ago by accident. It is believed that cheese was created when milk was accidentally stored in a container lined with an animal’s stomach. The enzymes caused the milk to separate and curd–thus creating cheese!
- You need 10 pounds of milk to produce 1 pound of cheese. However, if using sheep milk, you’ll need 6 pounds. Why? Sheep milk is fattier.
- Mice don’t like cheese. Mice actually prefer carbs and sugary finds.
- Love cheese? Become a master cheesemaker by applying to the Wisconsin Master Cheesemaker® Program through the Center for Dairy Research. It’s the only program of its kind!
Dine at Cork and leave us a review!
One meal at Cork Bar & Restaurant and you’ll be booking another table–we guarantee it! Check out what return guests have to say:
“Always a great dinner. Favorites include the cork salad, fig & prosciutto flatbread, chicken Calabrese, salmon and Pappardelle bolognese. Martinis and homemade desserts are also fabulous. My husband and I eat here often and are never disappointed.” – Ruth C.
Uncork a Bottle Today!
Come on down to Cork Bar & Restaurant today to try delicious food paired with some of the best wines in Northeast Pennsylvania. Reserve your table today!